So first post … I’m not going to rehash everything in the about page, that’s what the about page is for. Instead I’m going to provide my current state of geekdom. Who knows, I may make this a monthly thing for my own personal record.
Currently reading (yeah I have a Goodreads account, but it’s under my real name.): Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore – Some would be glad to inform you that I’ve been reading this book since it came out. To that I say, final projects + wisdom teeth extraction + volunteering at a week long library booksale = about half of the time I’ve spent not reading this book. I suppose I could include the hours I work as well, but that’s just cheating. I’m just not currently in the mood for world-building and good storytelling. I’m in the mood for formulaic stuff which for me means romances.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 4 – I started watching Buffy a few years ago, but then I grew a conscience and tried not to download things I could obtain otherwise. I’ve been able to stream Buffy for almost a year now, but I’ve been busy with movies and Doctor Who.
- Breaking Pointe – I won’t make it a secret, I love dance, and I find this to be a better guilty pleasure (all reality TV is for me, not a huge fan) than Say Yes to the Dress.
- Avengers movieverse – I tend to obsess over the Marvel movies all summer and into the fall before something else catches my attention. This year it looks like Doctor Who will provide this service for the second year in a row with the beginning of Series 7. I really need to start watching the classic series.
- Newsies – Not really the fandom aspect, but I am obsessing over this. More on this Friday
- Final Fantasy VII – I hate it when I obsess over this, because it is all about fandom here. I’ve never played any of the games, and I’ve only seen Advent Children once before they release Advent Children Complete.
And that’s all I can think of for now. If I remember, we can see in August what’s changed in the focus of my obsessions.